I’ve teamed up with Road Runner Photography Tours to lead a 10 days photo tour to explore rich culture and beautiful scenery of Bangkok and Beyond. Check detail below.
Date: November 15 through November 25 , 2018
Leader: Patt Wattanasupt and Denise Silva
Limited to 6 participants, Minimum 4 participants
Bangkok, the capital and most populous city in Thailand, is located on the Chao Phraya River delta, about 25 miles north of the Gulf of Thailand. Bangkok bustles with activity and is noted for its bountiful cultural attractions (e.g., temples, markets, shops, and more). We will visit the amazing Floating Market which offers residents and visitors a variety of foods and merchandise sold daily from boats on the canals and offers photographers tremendous opportunity to capture unique cultural images.
In addition to exploring Bangkok, we will also visit the Ayuthaya Province for the spectacular ruins and Chiang Mai Province for a chance to see the Floating Lantern festival.
$5,500 double occupancy. If you do not want to share a room with another participant, there will be an additional single supplement fee of $700.
- All lodging in Thailand (6 nights in Bangkok and 3 nights in Chiang Mai).
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (excluding alcohol).
- All transportation in Thailand and environs.
- All fees to visit various sights.
- Eight days of photography in Thailand, including Bangkok and surrounding countryside. Ayuthaya Province and Chiang Mai Province
- Expert guide and local knowledge, with instruction geared to your level of expertise.
- An unforgettable experience not to be found anywhere else in the world.
- We will also provide each participant with detailed recommendations concerning camera gear and other equipment, clothing, and travel recommendations shortly after you enroll.
- Airfare and other travel costs from your home to Bangkok and back.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
All participants will be sharing rooms, unless you specifically request a private room and pay a single supplement fee of $700. In Bangkok, our lodging 4-5 star accommodations and will be in the heart of Bangkok. We will travel to our destinations in a van with a local guide. When sharing a room, you will be paired with another participant of the same gender.
Sample Itinerary ***Subject to Change***
Thursday, November 15 (recommended) or Friday, November 16
- Flights to Bangkok; whatever times and connections work best for you. You will loss a full day in travel heading to Bangkok. Expect travel time to be approximately 24 hours. Some airline/flight combinations will require an overnight flight or a long overnight layover en route. You can often find less expensive flights on other airlines.
- If you leave on Thursday, you will arrive and check-in on Friday night and have a full night to acclimate to the time zone.
Saturday, November 17
- The group will meet for breakfast at the hotel. Then we will explore Bangkok, visiting the Grand Palace, various temples. You will have a chance to try an authentic traditional Thai Massage at the first medical school of massage where Thai massage is originated and taught for centuries.
Sunday, November 18
- In the morning, we travel to the world-famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. You will get a chance to take pictures of the river packed with wooden boats overflowing with fruit and vegetables.
- After the floating market, we will continue to Maeklong Railway Market (Folding Umbrella Market– a fresh market where we might witness a train runs through the middle of the market. ** depends on train schedule**
Monday, November 19
- We will continue to explore Bangkok. This is a chance for you to practice your Street Photography skill. We will visit bustling streets of Bangkok, China Town area and more.
Tuesday, November 20
- In the morning, we will travel to Ayuthaya Province to see temples and ruins, and explore more of the country side.
Wednesday, November 21
- After breakfast at the hotel, we will check out and catch a domestic flight to Chiang Mai (flight is included in tour price, but bag fees will be extra per participant). We will visit Doi Suthep Temple for sunset/twilight. In the evening, we will explore the night bazaar in old town Chiang Mai
Thursday, November 22
- As we will be in a midst of one of the most important festivals in Thailand – Loy Krathong Festival ( Yee Peng Lantern Festival) , there will be a lot of activities around Chiang Mail during the day for you to photograph and experience Thai culture . The city and streets will be decorated.
- In the evening, we will get ready for the spectacular celebration where thousands of illuminated lantern are released into the sky.
Friday, November 23
- We will visit the Elephant Sanctuary. You can participate in bathing the elephants or enjoy an elephant ride (at additional cost). In the afternoon we will visit with a small hill tribe village to experience the culture of this amazing area. In the evening, we can enjoy a nice meal (with the group or on your own if you’d like), and further explore the night bazaar and Chiang Mai.
Saturday, November 24
- We will visit the morning market, where local shops present offerings to the monks in order to please the spirits. In the afternoon, we will fly back to Bangkok, check in to our hotel and enjoy the afternoon and evening as we prepare to return home.
Sunday, November 25
- Fly home. For some, depending on your flights, you will either arrive home on Sunday or on Monday morning.
Sunrise / Sunset
During our stay in Thailand, sunrise, sunset, and twilight will be within a few minutes of the following —
- Civil Twilight begins 5:55 AM
- Sunrise 6:17 AM
- Sunset 5:47 PM
- Civil Twilight ends 6:10 PM
Weather Notes; Expected High and Low Temperatures
Historical weather data for Thailand in November indicates we are likely to experience a daily high of about 91ºF during our visit and a daily low of about 75ºF. During November, rain may occur, but historically it averages less than an inch.
All participants are strongly advised to purchase travel protection insurance.Travelinsurance.com offers many different options from various vendors and allows for product comparison.
Tour Cancellation Policy
We may cancel this trip if, by October 1, 2017, fewer than four participants have enrolled. If we cancel the tour, we will notify you by email on October 1, and 100% of any payments you made will be refunded. We will not be responsible for booked airfare or other fees and expenses you may have incurred. We will notify you when the minimum number of participants has been reached. We also strongly recommend travel insurance whenever you are traveling.
Participant Cancellation Policy
We require written notice of your cancellation (email will be adequate). If you cancel on or after June 15, 2018, a non-refundable fee will be assessed —
- If you cancel anytime after September 15, 2018 – 100% of all fees paid are non-refundable, but 75% can be applied to any of our 2018 or 2019 tours. If you do not use your 75% credit by December 31, 2019, it is entirely non-refundable and cannot be applied to a future tour.
- If you cancel anytime from August 1 through September 15, 2018 — If another participant fills your spot, we will refund your entire deposit. If another participant does not fill your spot, 100% of the fees paid are non-refundable, but 75% can be applied to any of our 2018 or 2019 tours. If you do not use your 75% credit by December 31, 2019, it is entirely non-refundable and cannot be applied to a future tour.
- If you cancel anytime from June 15 through July 31 2018 — If another participant fills your spot, we will refund your entire deposit. If another participant does not fill your spot, we will return your deposit, except we will retain a $500 non-refundable fee, but the $500 non-refundable fee can be applied to any of our 2018 or 2019 tours. If you do not use your $500 credit by December 31, 2019, it is entirely non-refundable and cannot be applied to a future tour.
- If you cancel before June 15, 2018 — We will refund your entire deposit.
Non-shooting Significant Other
You are free to bring along a non-shooting significant other, but to do so you must pay the single supplement / private room fee when you enroll. Also, please be aware that because of limited vehicle seating, we may not be able to provide transportation to any non-participant. There are many opportunities to enjoy Thailand for non-shooting significant others, such as relaxing in a Thai spa and indulging on a Thai Massage, shopping, relaxing on the beach, and more.