How You Can Work With Me
Be A Guest Writer
I strongly believe in helping our fellow writers who love travel. Whether you are just starting out or seasoned writer, we can work together. I encourage anyone to share their travel experience on my website. This will be non-paid.
Note: If you are submitting an article to me solely for promotional reasons, I probably am not interested. If it smells like spam, it probably is.
Here are some requirements
- The topic can by anything related to travel. Places, food, travel tips, interesting culture. I am open.
- 500 to 1000 words.
- The article must be a first hand experience of the subject you write. For example,the author must have visited the location personally.
- You should provide information on what is available to visitors “ Readers should know what to expect should they decide to visit. The article should be informative but impart some of the author’s personality.
- In a separate paragraph, provide detailed info of anything you mentioned in the post if applicable. Name and location, including street address, its website and phone number.
- Only original, written by you personally will be accepted “no outsourcing” please.
- Be yourself. Be funny. Be informative.
- Please write in proper English grammar. I reserve the right to both edit and reject any content submitted. I will do my best to respect the author’s voice should we need to make any edits.
- As a photographer, I strongly believe in good photos will also tell a story.
- Please include 3 to 5 photos of the attraction. Preferably photos should be taken by yourself. If this isn’t possible, the photos must be credited correctly.
- You must have the publishing rights to all photos, or the photos must be released under an appropriate license (ie. creative commons). The more flexible the license, the better. Of course, if the photos are yours you must agree to allow us to publish them (for obvious reasons) and you can still keep the copy rights.
- Minimum of 800px x 533px, at least one in landscape orientation (this will be the featured photo on the front page). The larger , the better. I can always resize it.
- When the article is published, I will ask that you promote it on social media, your blog, or other venues. This isn’t required, but will benefit us both. Of course, I will also promote the article myself.
- Please include your name and a short author bio 2-3 sentences long.
- Include your website and up to three social media accounts for readers to follow you. I believe in sharing the PR!
If you’re interested, please submit your story via email at email@example.com
Advertising, Media & PR
MyThousandMiles.com is open to various types of advertising such as affiliate links, banner advertisement, product and service reviews and social media engagement/coverage. My audience is deeply interested in the subject of travel and wanderlust; whether it’s people starting out and looking for inspiration and tips or seasoned travelers interested in the stories of various cultures.
If you are a tourist board looking for someone to creatively promote your service or destination through top notch social media engagement, then I’m your man!
I am committed to providing travel advice, reviews, tips and stories of the highest quality while being true to the site’s core values. Therefore, I retain full editorial control over the content of this site.
Press/Media/Blog Trips and Campaigns
MyThousandMiles.com is open to invitations on press trips, product, services and destination reviews, and is looking forward to forming mutually beneficial partnerships and associations.
Please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more detail about advertising.